Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Bitter End by 2 Brothers Brewing

2 Brothers Brewing is based in Chicago and though founded in 1996, it is very new to me. I can't believe I have never had anything by them, but hopefully Dave and I can get to Chicago sometime to check them out at their Brewery.
Color:
Caramel with some copper hints. SRM 10
ABV:
5.2%
Smell:
Hoppy, not too floral, not too bitter, slight ester smell
Taste:
Nice and hoppy. Not floral or bitter but good flavoring hops. Very mild on the malt front, not sweet in anyway. This was crisp beer with little aftertaste, possibly a slight hop after taste. The mouthfeel was decent, about a light medium feel and slightly more carbonated than normal, but it wasn't effervescent. A good, solid English Pale ale.
Rating:

I am super excited to see what else is out there by these guys. I mean, this was a solid English Pale. I am always on the look out for beers that match the BJCP guidelines and I would say this may become my go to beer for English Pale Ale comparison. If you enjoy hoppy beer that isn't bitter you will love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment