Friday, March 7, 2014

Beers from Stewart's Brewing Company


Wheat Porter

Color:
Dark opaque, SRM >35
ABV:
5%
Glass:
Pint
Smell:
malty, smooth
Taste:
Very smooth malty taste, almost roasted. To me it had a strong bitter, hoppy aftertaste which didn't put me off the beer. Very full taste with a decent mouthfeel not overly heavy but not too light. Very good “session” beer, I could drink 2-3 and still be very happy with the taste.
Rating:

I loved the smoothness of this beer and I would definitely order it again if I was in Stewie's.

Obscurum

Color:
Dark with slight hint of amber, SRM 30-35
ABV:
8.7%
Glass:
Tulip
Smell:
malty, slightly fruity, and floral
Taste:
It had a hoppier taste than the porter and left a nice malty aftertaste in my mouth. It had a slight fruity, citrus taste that I couldn't quite place. It wasn't lemon or lime or grapefruit, but there was a definite citrus taste. Also there was a spicy taste; it wasn't a sweet spice; it was almost earthy. The mouthfeel wasn't too heavy but nice and smooth with a decent carbonation. It was so tasty I wish I had one right now.
Rating:

Because of the interesting fruity taste, which I've found out is caused not by fruit by from the yeast. Usually fruity flavors come from fruit or extracts or even hops in some cases but I've never had something like this where I couldn't place the flavor yet the flavor fit in so well with the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment